This Recipe comes from CSA member Pooja Amy Shah
1 large red onion, 1/2 cup roughly chopped, 1/2 cup finely chopped
- 1-2 red bell peppers, 1 cup roughly chopped, 3/4 cup finely chopped
- 1-2 peeled and seeded cucumbers, 1 cup roughly chopped, 1 cup finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, 1/2 roughly chopped, 1/2 finely chopped (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 6 to 7 cups of chopped seedless / de-seeded watermelon
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar (more or less to taste)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
a) Put the roughly chopped onion, bell pepper, cucumber, jalapeño and cilantro into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. (Reserve the finely chopped vegetables for adding later.) Add the tomatoes and pulse until close to puréed. Add the watermelon and pulse again. Pour into a large bowl.
b) Taste the soup and add red wine vinegar to balance the sweetness of the watermelon and tomatoes. So, start with 1/4 cup of vinegar, and keep adding a tablespoon at a time until you've reached a balance you like. Whisk in the salt and olive oil.
c) Stir in the finely chopped onions, bell pepper, cucumber, and jalapeño. Chill for at least an hour (better overnight!). Add more salt to taste if needed.
Garnish with avocado, vegan crema, cilantro