Our 2018 season runs on Wednesdays from June 6th-October 31st or Saturdays from June 9th - November 3rd. Members can either sign up for a full share (22 pickups) or a half share (11 pickups). This year members can choose to pick up on Saturdays and/or Wednesdays. Members can also choose to only pick up in the summer (June-August) or the fall (September-November).
Saturday pick ups allow members to select their own vegetables from large crates. On Wednesdays, members will be picking up a share bagged by the farmer. Wednesdays pick ups are limited to vegetables, fruit and eggs. Saturday pick ups have additional add-ons to choose from.
At each pickup, members can expect to receive between 6 and 9 types of certified organic vegetables, and enough food to make two large vegetarian meals and sides for a week. Members will receive an email the day before pick up to let them know what the weekly variety includes. At the Saturday pick ups, members can make use of our "swap box" to trade in an item that they don't favor for something they enjoy more.
We also have a number of 'add on' shares from other local farms or Brooklyn-based purveyors. Note, you must first sign up for at least a half vegetable share to be eligible to purchase any of the 'add on' shares. See below!
An example vegetable share for each season may look like this:
Spring: Arugula, Baby Lettuce Mix, Beets, Cauliflower, Japanese turnips, Kale, Radishes
Summer: Bell Peppers, Carrots, Fennel, Garlic, Potatoes, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes
Fall: Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Collard Greens, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Turnips, Winter Squash
Vegetable, Fruit and Egg Shares from Hearty Roots Farm and Mead Orchard, Sign up
- Veggie Full or Half Share* (22 or 11 weeks, $565/ $285)
- Fruit Full or Half Share (18 or 9 weeks, $252 / $126)
- Egg Full or Half share (22 or 11 weeks, $132 / $66)
Pasta share from Sfoglini Pasta, Sign up
- Pasta Share (22 or 11 weeks, $110/$55)
Meat and Dairy Shares from General Cochran Farm, Sign up
- Beef, Pork or Chicken Share
- Milk - whole or chocolate
- Yogurt - regular or drinkable
Bread & Pastry share from L'imprimerie, Sign up
- One large loaf of bread (22 or 11 weeks, $187/$93.50)
- French Pastry (22 or 11 weeks, $99/ $49.50)
* Prices include a $20 charge on your vegetable share. This is an annual membership fee that goes to farm and garden supplies, as well as the 3rd party organizations like Just Food that help us run.